Friday, February 09, 2007

It's half term! School's closed today, so just did some sorting out of stuff, but no children! I'm now half way through my NQT year, and the past half term just seems to have flown by, and I'm far less stressed and much more confident than before, so it looks like I might actually have a more enjoyable half term than before because I've actually got some energy left. I think it's partly because I have some lovely people who look after me well at school, and my tutor group are regularly visited by our year head just to remind them that they are being watched - it helps me too, and I know that I have support there when I need it.

Apparently, I have changed quite a lot this half term, and I'm better with the way I speak to the kids, & I'm not afraid to tell them off when they do bad things like stick their heads around the staffroom door - how dare they interrupt my lunch?!!! I've also started to be more "witty" (well, that's how I like to think of it, even if others wouldn't agree), and say things that are 'quite good by girl standards' like hysterical and historical, which I'm still quite proud of... & pointing out that I know who David Essex is because that's the kind of thing my grandparents play in the car - well maybe that was a bit harsh, but it was funny; I thought so any way.

I will miss verbally beating people up over half term - I'm hoping that I don't get too out of practise over the next week, that would be very upsetting.

No comments: