Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Two and a half weeks til Easter! Can't believe this term's gone so fast - it seems to have flown by. It doesn't seem to have been any where near as long, or as tiring as my first term, which has to be a good thing.

Thankfully, I seem to manage my classes better this term and everything. I'm also just starting to write schemes of work, as the KS4 scheme of work was only written up to October... All I need to know now is what GCSE papers the Year 10s will be doing; unfortunately this kind of vital information appears to be hidden from me!

At the minute, things are going pretty well generally, and I'm fairly happy. Things at school are good, and I have some good friends there who look after me - which is always a good thing...

Got the coolest present in the world today - maybe just to remind me of how young I am (I do make lots of mean comments about those people in the staffroom who are a significant number of years older - and probably wiser - than me), but maybe just to see if I'd go red; this appears to be a "game" in the staffroom at the minute! I got space dust - the stuff that pops in your mouth! It's great. And yes, I did go red, especially when people were trying to make me stick my tongue out while I was eating it, so they could hear it pop. So far, the spacedust is winning...

Year 9 parents' evening tomorrow, and then options evening on Monday... I've decided that it'll be easy compared to Year 11 parents' evening - I hate Year 11s!

Going away this weekend - to see my parents and grandparents - everybody's going to my grandparents. My little sister will be 7 on Friday, and I know we'll never be forgiven if we don't see her for her birthday, and it's also Mother's Day, so we decided the best thing to do is to try and keep my sister, my mother, and my grandmother all happy at the same time. The added bonus is that we're going to a Turkish & Greek restaurant for dinner on Sunday - I love Turkish food, and haven't had any for ages, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for the end of term really... Enjoying school at the minute, but time off is always welcome. The 12 weeks holiday a year has to be the main perk of teaching!

We're still struggling to find a church in Reading - have tried all of the Catholic ones, but none of them really feel right... I guess after going to Sacred Heart in Exeter for so long, my expectations are probably a bit high, and I'm going about finding a church in the wrong way... I think I've been looking for something a bit too much like Sacred Heart - the churches here just aren't like that! Not one of them has a music group every Sunday - they use an organ and choir. I guess I could try to learn to sing & join a choir... I miss being in a music group!

No comments: